Our Commercial Property team provides specialised legal advice and practical expertise across the full range of Property Law in Scotland.
We continue to meet the challenges to our clients' business arising from the rapidly changing field of Property Law and the commercial market. Our focus is to provide practical and forward-looking solutions and advice.
Our commercial awareness of property markets across Scotland together with knowledge of our clients' business means we are able to provide a timely, cost effective and efficient service with the best possible outcome for our clients.
Areas we cover include:
- Sales of property for commercial development
- Leases - commercial, residential and agricultural
- Acquisitions, including compulsory purchase
- Capital projects
- Health Centre Development projects including HUB projects
- Planning advice
- Housing stock transfers
- Joint Working transactions with local authorities.
Our solicitors work closely with other property professionals, Local Authorities and Government agencies to offer high quality commercial property expertise.
Being placed centrally within NHSScotland enables us to provide advice on issues and procedures unique to the Health Service. We have developed an extensive track record of working on commercial projects and matters specific to the NHS, including:
- Partnership working and Joint Developments
- Provision and modernisation of GP Premises
- Provision of Headquarters and other office premises for NHS Bodies
- Provision of new Hospitals
- Establishment of NHS 24 Call centres
- The creation of Medipark facilities
- Disposal of Hospitals from pre-sale preparations to close
- Capital Grants/ Joint Working Agreements/HUB
There are also numerous Circulars and Guidance Notes issued from time to time by the Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates, which affect all areas of work carried out by the Property Department and on which we give our clients comprehensive guidance.
Clients benefit from our unique working relationship and communication with the Scottish Government. As a result of our extensive knowledge of the working of the NHS, we are often asked by the Scottish Government for advice on drafting and implementation of legislation and policies.