Our expert advice helps clients achieve their workforce goals and avoid employment disputes.
Employment law is fast-changing and complex. The Employment Team works in close association with clients, and in particular with their HR Departments, to provide advice and guidance about a wide range of difficult employment issues. We help to ensure that clients comply with their legal obligations whilst fostering good workforce relations.
The Employment Team brings together expertise gained from working with a range of public and private sector clients. This enables the Team to provide pragmatic and expert advice on all workforce issues, in the knowledge of the challenges faced by employers. We focus on achieving a speedy and cost-effective resolution for our clients.
The Employment Team regularly deals with -
- Employment Tribunal claims, from the ET1 to Tribunal Judgement, including advocacy at the Tribunal and, if necessary, providing advice about settlement negotiation and mediation.
- Internal hearings, providing advice to HR colleagues to ensure that hearings such as grievance and disciplinary hearings are handled in a fair manner.
- Policies and Contracts, ensuring that these are legally compliant whilst also being effective.
- Workplace Disputes, including advice about the most appropriate steps to take to resolve the dispute and provision of advice about compromise agreements and mediation.
- Advice, on a wide range of matters, from TUPE to whistle-blowing.
The Employment Team works with our clients to ensure that that they are up to date with employment law changes and that they have the practical skills to help them deal with HR issues. Training is offered, tailored to the needs of the individual client, on issues ranging from TUPE to the conducting of internal appeal hearings.
Meet the team